Monday, January 6, 2014

Starting here.

January 5th ,2014 Manitou Springs , CO
I just love being able to say that I am from Manitou Springs , CO.
Church was just excellent this morning. I hope it is a sermon that I never recover from. It was just that good. Pastor Al is going through the book of Zechariah. What an honor it will be when we are done with it to say that I know and understand that book cover to cover. I love that the thought of that gets me excited. The sermon was so honest and well put together. In every way it pointed us towards Christ and His sacrifice on the cross. The title was Strengthen Your Hands. I want to add my own sub title......FEAR NOT. Over and over again it came up. Once again I am amazed at Gods perfect timing in my life. Here at the time in my life when I am dealing with the most fear I ever have ever felt before , one way or another I keep being reminded through scripture to fear not. Instead my motto for life right now is Nearer to you Lord . The only to really do that is to give my fears over to Christ. To do anything less than that would be not allowing Christ's work on the cross to have the full effect. Living with fear is most importantly taking the glory away from God and putting it on myself. Lord, keep me from doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment