Sunday, January 5, 2014

Colorado

January 4th, 2014
What better way to start off a new year than with a fabulous adventure. I did just that. For starters I took my sister along with me (of course sisters make most everything better) , we departed early in the morning on January 3rd from Bismarck and 14 long hours later we arrived at my new home. Manitou Springs. A place that I have come to often over these last few years and it has always felt just like home. We made quick work of moving my not so many belongings into my lovely little cabin. Shortly after that we went to say hello to my awesome neighbors....so fun to have friends for neighbors :) Miranda promptly fell in love with the quaint little town here and especially the people in it . Anyways, after some visiting we headed for bed. This morning I was able to go in and meet and briefly work with the staff at the coffee shop in town. Then I took Miranda sight seeing to my favorite places. First stop Garden of the Gods, then The Broadmore , next up brunch at Panera. Sadly the weather was making the roads and visibility quite a wreck so we we left for the mile high city right away. There we went and shopped at Ikea (!!!!!!!) , Target , Whole Foods and grabbed Bubble teas. Then we explored a bit more of the city and made our way to the airport. And just like that I am on my own , ready for whatever Christ has planned ahead.
I thought the daily devotional that I have been reading ( Charles Spurgeon) was so fitting for the day I left home. Let me share some of it.
"Assured security in Christ.  2 Tim 1:1 I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Young people you can not do better than early in life to entrust your future with The Lord Jesus.He goes on to talk about children being at home and then leaving the home. Children, your characters will be safe if you trust them with Jesus. I do not say that you will be rich or that you will prosper after the manner of men...but I do say that you will be happy in the best sense of that word.  I pray that you may be led to desire this, especially any of you who are leaving your fathers house, commit yourselves to God."
Isn't that just special how God works in our lives? What perfect timing for that to be in my devotions that day. I think it is truly amazing how much God has shown Himself over and over again throughout this big life decision of moving here. And here I am here now, loving this. Being at a complete peace with Christ in my heart through it all. Not living in the high of sorts, but rather acknowledging Christ's hand on my life Even in the little things . He truly is our Comfort and my Guide, who  shall i fear? What time I am afraid I will trust in Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment