Monday, January 13, 2014

its beginning to look a lot Christmas?????

Ha ha , well I sure thought it looked like Christmas yesterday. When I left for church it was a balmy , gorgeous 49 outside and so sunny. Lo, and behold 1 1/2 hrs later when I headed for the door it was a sheet of white. So much wind and snow. So I made a very unlady  like mad dash for my car. I made it there after first recomputing to rescue my Sharpie pen, recover my purse which the wind had managed to remove from my shoulder....at  this point I could hardly see because the wind was whipping my hair around something crazy like,but let me tell you, it was all worth it. I enjoy church so so so much. So much that I think I will start going to two different churches each Sunday. The early service at one and the later service at another one.
I have officially not only survived but thrived  during my first week here! So much so, that as excited as I am to go on the road with Axis I am already dreading leaving my new home behind . I am overwhelmed with blessings.
First off, I can't believe how much I am continuing to learn from Axis. What a special treat it is each day to read through more materials and understand more and more about Christianity and the incredible God I serve. It has been really interesting to have two guys in the office who join us as we start off each morning reading through the gospels. These guys  understand soooo much about the  Hebrew culture and what the Jews and Romans believed, and why this and that are actually really significant, and they  point them all out to us! IT is incredible!
Well, today was the first day of our second week of training. We are all off to a great start! Praise The Lord we have improved in our confidence and speaking skills by leaps and bounds! Lets just say that have come  very very looonggg way since our first attempt at presenting :)

I have put in a number of evening at the coffee lounge/ bakery. I love it!  I have the entire food menu down and can successfully make all the made to order meals, and I am almost keeping up with keeping the bakery case full.

What would a blog post be without talking about the weather a few times?! The snow that we got when I first came here has been long gone, and the snow we got yesterday was gone within an hour! THE wind is a whole different matter though. It has been wild! So wild that last night it was blowing so fiercely that it blew through the cracks in the window and the window shades were moving!!!! Ridiculous I say. Thankfully it has been warm enough outside that it really isn't cold at all :)
Tomorrow is another busy day. So I shall hopefully blog again before I leave this week. Soli Dei gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment